I’d like to change things up for the next few weeks. Instead of always talking about myself, I’d like to start talking more with you.
Here’s how we’ll do this:
I’ll share a question with you each week. Then, if you’re so inclined, you reply this email with your answer*.
And I’ll reply with my own answer. (omg! Are humans actually capable of honest, earnest conversation in 2020?)
The following week, I’ll share 1-2 of your answers (anonymised of course!) and ask a new question.
*If you email me, I’ll assume you’re okay with me sharing your answer unless you explicitly say otherwise. As far as anonymising goes, I’ll remove your name and any other identifiers like your workplace.
Let’s do this! Here’s this week’s question…
❓Question of the week
Are you content? What makes you say so?
🔥 Highlights from this week
- Was on Torque Magazine’s social hour. Woke up at 5:30am for this because time zones.
- Some users mentioned that the UI of Newsletter Glue causes them to accidentally publish their newsletter. After a lot of thinking, going down some wrong paths, and talking to some users, I figured out a simple and elegant solution. Quite excited to launch it!
💔 Lowlights from this week
- I haven’t been keeping up with my newsletters. Feel like there’s so much news I’m missing out on.
- I wish I was moving faster with Newsletter Glue, but shit takes time!
✅ Completed this week
- Not as much as I would like, tbh. 😕 I need to move faster.
- Campaign Monitor integration is done.
- We’ve also made some useful UI changes to the newsletter theme designer
🎯 Goals for next week
- GET STARTED ON THE UI OF THE PAID PLUGIN DAMMIT! (shouting at myself cause I’ve been saying this for weeks)
🤔 Product thought for the week
Discoverability of a new feature is as important as the feature itself.
🍕Hot and fresh from the Interwebz
When you browse Instagram and find former Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott’s passport number
Argh. This post was one of the funniest and most interesting things I’ve read the whole pandemic. Bonus points for the fact that I learnt a whole bunch about Internet security and hacking without even meaning to. You don’t really need to know much more than that. Just click the damn link already. Link to article →
People Are Sharing Pics Of The Worst Software Fails They’ve Encountered And They’re Hilarious
“Task failed successfully” and other fun stuff! Argh, I hope I never end up on one of these lists! Equally fun and frustrating (if you’re the empathetic sort) to read. Link to article →
Video: Is This The Best Pizzeria In The World ? (Pepe In Grani)
Given my domain name, I’d be remiss if I didn’t share a video on the best pizzeria in the world. Hope I get to visit one day! Link to video →
👋 Before you go
Here are a few things you can do if you enjoyed reading this newsletter:
🍕 Become a subscriber: lesley.pizza/join
🗄 Explore past issues: lesley.pizza/newsletter
👉 Forward this newsletter to friends who might enjoy it
🌈 Get in touch/Share cool Internet stuff: cheese(at)lesley.pizza
➕ Follow me on Twitter: @lesley_pizza