Here’s a quickie for today because I spent the entire day kayaking, hurt my back, and am not in the mood to write anything long or particularly insightful right now.
Don’t worry, I’m fine and just need a couple of days’ rest.
So let’s get straight into this week’s updates!
🔥 Highlights from this week
- Was on the Matt Report podcast! Matt was kind and a great host who made me feel really comfortable despite it being my first time on a podcast. Also, I’ve been a listener of his podcast for months and am a genuine fan of his. If you haven’t already, you should listen and subscribe to him!
💔 Lowlights from this week
- I hurt my back!
- It’s been 3+ weeks now since I’ve been in avoidance stew and I keep going back and forth on what features our paid plugin should have. I’m starting to figure it out, but it’s taking too long and things are still murky. Frustrating!
✅ Completed this week
- Worked on the newsletter theme designer.
- Did a bunch of research on WP blocks.
- Wrote a blog post.
🎯 Goals for next week
- New release: newsletter theme designer + a bunch of little upgrades
- Finally finally get started on the paid version.
🤔 Product thought for the week
Adding features and dictating rigid workflows for users is easy.
Building as little as possible while allowing for maximum flexibility so that users feel empowered and can fit us into their existing workflow is hard.
🍕Hot and fresh from the Interwebz
Since I’m feeling a little sore and grumpy from kayaking today, I’ve decided to share a bunch of videos that are uplifting, outdoorsy, and comforting.
2 friends, one goal, lots of pain. An inspirational short film about endurance and positivity. Link to youtube →
I thought I’d share this since I went kayaking today. Beau Miles is one of my favourite filmmakers, and this 6-episode series is yet another reason why. Beau chronicles his entire expedition from the Australian mainland to Tasmania, from planning to conclusion. Link to youtube →
Here’s a young Japanese boy who lives in the country with his Grandmother. There isn’t much going on in this video, but it’s lovingly shot and relaxing to watch. It’s all in Japanese, but there isn’t much talking anyway. Watch while curled up in bed on a rainy day. Link to youtube →
👋 Before you go
Here are a few things you can do if you enjoyed reading this newsletter:
🍕 Become a subscriber: lesley.pizza/join
🗄 Explore past issues: lesley.pizza/newsletter
👉 Forward this newsletter to friends who might enjoy it
🌈 Get in touch/Share cool Internet stuff: cheese(at)lesley.pizza
➕ Follow me on Twitter: @lesley_pizza